As a parent, it is hard to believe this little baby we brought home can now be 13 years old. It is true that "the days are long but the years are short." - Gretchen Rubin
So, for Evan's 13th birthday, here are 13 things to know about him:
1. He was an incredibly happy, easy baby.
2. He has been a blessing to our family, and to our extended family. We especially think of the joy he brought to Darrell's mom in her last days.
3. He has always loved watching movies.
4. The kid has always LOVED to eat.....a lot....but relatively good, healthy foods which his foodie Jerome side appreciates.
5. He has always had a big heart and wants to make others laugh.
6. He is observant and likes to solve problems. And he likes to tell you everything he has observed!
7. He loves to read.
8. He considers himself a true Pennsylvania boy and a die hard Steeler fan, although he was born in Maryland and lived his first 6 years there.
9. He loves the Lord and professed his faith at the age of 5. We continue to see growth in this area.
10. He is very loyal to his family and friends, and has always had one BEST friend.
11. He is passionate about sports - reading about them, watching them on t.v., and learning stats about his favorite players.
12. He puts his whole heart into the activities he is passionate about - right now soccer and basketball. It has been fun to watch him grow and excel in these areas.
13. He is a thoughtful and caring son. He is the one who made me a mom for the first time. He has made me more patient and has made me grow in ways I never imagined. I am proud to be called his MOM.
Happy 13th Birthday, Evan.