Friday, October 29, 2010
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
I am looking forward to visiting again sometime, with my family in tow!
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
In order to accept I must blog 7 random things about me:
1. I grew up on a REAL farm in Iowa and actually milked cows for most of my growing up years.
2. I lived in Italy for 5 years.
3. I have two wonderful sisters who live too far away from me - one in Colorado Springs and another in Iowa.
4. I've tried out for one "pageant" (not beauty!) in my life - "Little Miss Squirt" (another dairy reference) and did not win!
5. I am very short - barely grazing the 5'0" line and my husband is very short also - but neither of us seem to realize this fact most of the time unless you point it out to us! :)
6. I grew up in the country but I am really a city girl at heart - put me in a busy downtown area and I am the most content!
7. I do not eat red meat due to some stomach issues and if my family would cooperate, I would make us all vegetarians.
So there you go! In the spirit of passing on the honors, I hereby nominate the following blogs:
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Enjoying Snickerdoodles and Apple Dumplings....
observing a Buckeye Gala tree up close.....
and of course, buying plenty of goodies!
We had time to spare and had heard of a wonderful farm near Columbiana, Ohio, so off we went.....we never found the farm but we found (can you spy them?) a marsh with sunning turtles and a robotic tractor driving endless circles testing Firestone tractors at the Firestone tire testing area.
As we headed towards Chippewa, Darrell took a detour and said he had always seen the sign for "Prayer Mountain" but had no idea what that was....so we drove a very curvy hill up to what might possibly be the highest point in Beaver County with beautiful overlooks. As we were driving slowly around the grounds of what obviously was some sort of a ministry retreat, an elderly man in a golf cart flagged us down. He was the pastor, founder and president of "Prayer Mountain" and gave us a tour and let the kids play around the grounds. What a fantastic experience!
To travel outside of your "bubble", to meet new people and experience new things....even those within a close distance of where you live.....now that is living! And we did a lot of that today!