Saturday, August 25, 2012

snapshots of Iowa

 Here are a few snapshots from our trip to Iowa.  Thank you to all that came to see us and that we were able to spend time with.  A week is never enough and we treasure the time with family and friends!
Cousins......Tyler - college bound!

Riding with Grandpa is always memorable.

Cousins "taming" new kittens.

My sister's children and mine (Carla's)

More cousins....Janelle's kids and Alec

Newest cousin - Shane.

Showing her country and city side!

Exploring the Effigy Mounds visitor center.



At Effigy Mounds




The view over the Mississippi


A precious picnic with Great-Grandpa and Great- Grandma and Great -Aunt Pat

At Volga Lake

My Grandparents with my kids

My Aunt Pat with my kids

And Great-Uncle Kent gives golf cart rides

Kids in Grandpa's new "toy"

Fishing with Grandpa


The new landscape of Northeast Iowa - wind turbines

Until next visit....saying good-bye is never easy.

No comments: