Well, here it is....one picture from the last two weeks, which included a major holiday. Why? Well, we had some more parenting lessons to learn, which didn't include photo opportunities.....
1. When your 2 year old starts getting sick on Thursday, and the next day just happens to be the 4th of July holiday....take him into the doctor! Or, better yet, know that there is a Saturday morning pediatric clinic open in the area to take him to because he's really sick so that you won't have to spend 3 1/2 hours in the ER on a Saturday night. Lesson learned.
2. A one week summer camp for your very active 7 year old boy in the middle of summer will prolong his life.....and yours!
3. It will rain on the day you have an outdoor, swimming play date that you desperately need for your sanity.
4. Always say "YES!" to a family day planned at Lake Wilhelm (above picture) by your wonderful sister-in-law to preserve family harmony. (Another attached picture of Evan in a kayak may show up on the blog later.)
5. The restoration of mommy's sanity sometimes comes in odd forms.....a 14 mile bicycle ride towing a sleeping toddler in a bike trailer....ahhhh, the sweet sound of somewhat silent nature.
Next step....getting a babysitter so we can restore the marriage after this past hectic week....what??? My wonderful sister-in-law is also going to meet that need this week....thanks Maura!!!!