Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Updates

Well, it's been two weeks since I've done any blogging, so I guess it's time for an update. Two weeks.....either we've done nothing or we've been crazy busy......and yes, it's the latter. We've had two celebrations - our 12th wedding anniversary, then only six days later it is Darrell's birthday. These two celebrations within a week of each other makes it a little busy for us, but it also gives me a week to think about how blessed we are. Darrell is truly my best friend, who accepts me as I am (bad habits, quirks, and all!) and has never tried to change anything about me. He is so supportive and encouraging and is a wonderful father.

No birthday cake this year - Darrell's sister, Toni, and the kids made him a coconut dessert. Ann-Marie topped it off with a candle she made. A take-out dinner from the restaurant "The Green Mango" - a Thai restaurant near Toni's house - got me out of cooking a birthday dinner!
And onto school - how is it going. It is going very well...I took some pictures today of how Alec is fitting in. Above, Evan is reading an assignment to Alec (I think it is from a Mythology book). And below, Ann-Marie is "teaching" Alec how to do subtraction from her math assignment. So there it is, a short update on a very hectic two weeks at the Jerome household!

No comments: