Sunday, July 4, 2010

Top Ten Iowa Trip Memories

Before my memory fades, here are my top ten memories from our Iowa trip (in no particular order):

1. Darrell and Evan tipping the four-wheeler over - no permanent damage done.
2. Crawling through a dilapidated barn to get the photo I wanted of a brick with the date 1887 on it....more about that in another post.
3. Baby Grant pulling on Baby Abigail's "baby bling" during family photos.
4. Racko competitions....one which lasted until almost midnight.
5. Huge potbelly pigs at the Gilbertson Nature Center...and the sound they make when one gets a "hairball".
6. Evan's ability to eat half of a Gunder burger.
7. Almost all of the cousins playing all afternoon with a hose, a bucket, some cups, and a sprinkler.
8. Catching up with friends from high school at the class reunion.
9. Meeting a unique and interesting family while touring the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum in Bur Oak, Iowa.
10. Experiencing the zip-line through my kids' eyes at the campground that held many of my childhood memories in Minnesota.

There are more memories and pictures to come, but those are the ones that stick out for me right now.

No comments: