Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Trip details

Well, I'm having problems adding pictures, so I'll update our blog with the details and add pictures once I figure out the problem. On October 30th, we drove to Chicago to my Aunt Sue and Uncle Lyle's house. We went into Chicago on October 31 and visited the Willis (Sears) Tower, the Field Museum, and Millennium Park. Darrell and I flew to San Antonio, Texas on Sunday, November 1st, leaving all three kids in the care of Aunt Sue and Uncle Lyle (HUGE THANK YOU!!!!).

Darrell and I went to San Antonio to attend a New York Life conference. While we were there, we enjoyed the Riverwalk, the Alamo, Market Square, and Gruene, Texas; as well as many nice restaurants and New York Life hosted events. We also were able to meet up with Kathy, a dear friend who lives in San Antonio, and without her would have never discovered Gruene, Texas. The weather in San Antonio was 75 degrees (give or take) with no clouds in the sky! We had a great time. We flew back to Chicago on Thursday, November 4th. My Dad and Stepmom drove to Chicago from Iowa and we all spent one night at my aunt and uncle's house.

We drove back to Pittsburgh on Friday, November 5th, with my Dad and Stepmom following. It was their first time in PA! On Saturday, we had great weather so we took them to McConnells Mills and Moraine State Park. On Sunday, we took them to our church and to Irwin, PA to attend a birthday party for one of our nephews - so they got to meet most of Darrell's family. We took them into Pittsburgh on Monday and visited the Strip District, the Incline, and Station Square. Hopefully that got them interested enough to come back and enjoy more of western PA! We saw them off this morning at 7 a.m. - now back into some sort of a routine. We had a wonderful two weeks, with lots of blessings and great memories made. Hopefully, I'll be able to post pictures soon.

No comments: