Thursday, January 15, 2009

What do you mean by COLD?

I couldn't resist this post after a couple of things happened. Last night, I called my dad and step-mom in Iowa so they could explain to Evan how cold it is in Iowa right now. My step-mom explained wind chill to Evan, explaining that with the wind it would get to 40 - 45 BELOW zero today. Then my sister sent me this e-mail, which I thought was cute, so I'm posting it not only for my Iowa family and friends, but for my Pittsburgh friends who think we have it bad. (Of course, my Alaska, Minnesota and North Dakota friends will laugh at this and say "You have NO idea of what cold is!"

On the sixth day, God turned to the Archangel Gabriel and said: 'Today I am going to create a land called Iowa.
It will be a land of outstanding natural beauty. It shall have tall majestic landscapes full of buffalo, tall grass, and hawks, beautiful skies, forests full of elk and deer, rich farmland.' God continued, 'I shall make the land rich in resources so as to make the inhabitants prosper, I shall call these inhabitants, Hawkeyes, and they shall be known as a most friendly people.'
But, Lord,' asked Gabriel, 'don't you think you are being too generous to these Iowans?'
'Not really,' replied God 'just wait and see the winters I am going to give them.'

So cold! It's all about where you live! But here in western PA, we'll enjoy our two hour delays for temperatures in the single digits, thank you very much!

No comments: