Monday, March 16, 2009

Girls' night out

Ann-Marie and I had a special treat this weekend. My sister-in-law, Karen, gave us their tickets to see "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" at the Benedum Center in Pittsburgh on Saturday night. What a fabulous time we had! I had never been to the Benedum and was impressed when I read about the history behind it. You can read about it here: http://www.pgharts.org/venues/benedum.aspx. Ann-Marie kept looking at the ceiling and saying how pretty it was. I cannot say enough good things about the musical....and our seats were front and center which helped. So thank you, Karen! What a wonderful memory you gave us.....we'll be singing those songs for a long time to come!

Darrell and Evan also got a boys' night out on Friday night. They attended our church's annual "Wild Game Dinner." Evan loved it as he got to eat MEAT, MEAT, and more MEAT. The weather was also fantastic this weekend, so we snuck a park trip in on Sunday afternoon.

No comments: