Sunday, March 8, 2009

Why don't you blog it?

On Friday, I walked into Ann-Marie's room and couldn't contain my comment on how messy her room is. Without missing a beat, she replied, "Well, why don't you blog it?"

Wasn't she just three years old yesterday?

On that note, we had Saturday appointments for both boys for their yearly dr. checkups. It made me realize two things: how thankful I am for healthy children and how fast they are growing up. Evan is 61 lbs. and 49 inches tall at eight years old, which isn't huge for his age but he's our oldest, which really hits home how big he is getting.

So last night after an early dinner, Darrell bathed the kids and had them put their pajamas on to go check out Bruester's and their free ice cream deal (you had to wear your p.j.'s to get the free ice cream.) I met them there as I was out running some errands. We took them home with their (HUGE) scoop of free ice cream and watched as a family, "The Wizard of Oz." It was the kids' first time watching that movie. What a fun time we had sharing one of our favorite childhood movies with the kids. I highly recommend it. And thanks to the local library, a dollar DVD rental made our lovely evening extremely affordable!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Oh how I miss Brusters!!!

Anonymous said...

They grow up so fast, don't they!!! I am up late and enjoying yoru blog's playlist as I work. You have the best song's. Thanks for keeping em company as I burn the midnight oil trying to beat some work deadlines!! Miss you Paula!! Hope you get to come out this summer!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for all the typos that I only now noticed. Wooopps!

The Shullenbargers said...

Struggling with that here too. I don't care about the mess but we're wading across the floor in two rooms.