Monday, May 18, 2009

Someone has new wheels.....

It's Darrell! Here's our history with bicycles: when we lived in Italy, Darrell and I spent big bucks on two mountain bikes and enjoyed true mountain biking in the Alps. The last time I tackled rough terrain was in Maryland, and it was the day I found out I was pregnant with Evan. Darrell then took his bike to work and stored it in the parking garage of his work, occasionally taking it out in the Bethesda, MD neighborhoods during lunch for exercise. (Ask him about the extended lunch break when he got lost....he had a VERY understanding supervisor!) Unfortunately, someone else really liked Darrell's bike and stole it. Ever since then, we've been sharing my bicycle, which worked but we could never bike as a family (we have a bicycle trailer for Alec). This weekend, I went to a garage sale and found THE bike! We were so happy to have two adult bikes, that we went out yesterday and found a local trail to try it out. WONDERFUL! We're so thankful that God provided the right bike for Darrell so we can begin to share bicycle riding with our children (it will probably be awhile before we tackle mountain biking again, though).
I had to include the above picture....it's the first time Alec has been able to enjoy the tire swing with Evan and Ann-Marie....and who knows how long it will be that all three fit together! I love this picture because it shows the season we're in now....active, fun, and busy!

2 comments:

sheila said...

He, he...I just posted about our garage sale finds. Great minds think alike and shop alike!

The Shullenbargers said...

Thought it might be a Duc. Yay to family riding and we're a go for TH.