Sunday, February 3, 2008

Time-out part 2

Sunday (part 2 of our time-out) involved visiting Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens in Pittsburgh. I actually saw this display in the Fall as a "Girls Day Out" with Ann-Marie and the women of the Jerome family. Darrell had been promising me that we would go together, and since the show ends at the end of February, it was now or never. The show is called "Chihuly at Phipps". For those who don't know, Dale Chihuly is an artist best known for his blown-glass art form. He created blown-glass sculptures to fit into the plants and flowers of the conservatory. If you ever have a chance to see a Chihuly display, please go! It is truly amazing and beautiful. Our pictures really do not give the displays any justice!


And below was my favorite plant....the Swiss Cheese plant!

2 comments:

Robert E. Morgan, Jr. said...

I live in northwest Washington and I frequent the glass museum in Tacoma which features hundreds of Chihuly works. Simply beautiful.

Denise said...

Wow, it does look pretty cool! I'll definitely have to check out his work sometime-I'd never heard of him before.