Wednesday, February 27, 2008

student of the week

Evan is student of the week at Patterson Elementary School this week. This was a big confidence booster for him! He's such a thoughtful brother too, because he wanted to have his picture taken with Alec. Evan had to write why he is special and he wrote, "I am special because I was born on President's Day. I am special because I used to live in Maryland."

On an extended family update: we have had three babies born on my side of the family in a week. Now Evan shares his birthday week with three cousins. My sister, Carla, had twins on Monday, February 18. They were born just shy of 34 weeks, but they are doing very well. So we welcome Will and Wade Sankot to our cousin pool. My step-sister, Janelle, had a baby boy on Friday, February 22. Welcome to Brock Douglas Soppe! We are so excited about all of our new cousins....the kids keep asking when we are going to Iowa to see all the new babies! Summer can't come fast enough for our trip to Iowa this year!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Congratulations Evan on being the student of the week! What a cool honor! I wish I was born on President's Day!
And congratulations to a much larger family! Wow, 3 babies in in week!
I know what you mean about the summer Iowa visit! My kids are counting the hours it seems and we're not heading there until late July/early August!!!